Pages

Monday 11 January 2016

"Polly's Garden Party " My first Mural on canvas.... from concept to final installation... Part 1

An extremely long time since I have posted anything on this blog..... the main reason is I have a blog on my website but due to being so busy over the last few months I have just not had a chance to update my website and consequently I am now having problems actually updating the blog and the other pages.
I am not very technical at the best of times so I need to do my homework to bring my website into 2016..... irritated to say the least.
However I thought I would share here the last project I completed at the end of last year.

My "Pollys Garden Party" mural has been painted on to canvas in two parts and applied to the wall using a clay based adhesive.  Each piece is 1metre wide and 2.7 metres long. Here are a few photos of the work in progress.

First, a rough sketch to establish layout
After mapping out the layout on the canvas and pencilling in the main motifs, I then mixed the main colours.
Mixing the colours
Then I worked the layout out by pinning on to the wall and applying the large areas of colour
Pinned to wall to paint the larger colour areas
Back in the studio to work on all the areas in greater detail
top and centre of mural




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...