Pages

Monday, 11 January 2016

Part 3 Installation and finishing touches to the Polly mural

The installation took a morning to apply then a further few hours to do the finishing touches
the site

We used clay based adhesive,,, so the mural can easily be removed and re installed at a later date
Needed two of us to work on the project

The finished product ..... before we trimmed and I touched up and worked on the canvas and extended the gold paint.

Completed room........... 
Completed mural... however brass light switches were added later.

Part 2... "Polly Mural, from concept to final installation"

Polly
bottom left of the mural
middle right section
Most of the work on the Polly mural which painted in the studio was fairly time consuming.... I put more detail in to the areas, perhaps more than I would have done if I had painted directly on the wall.
constantly working the two parts together
Completed top area

"Polly's Garden Party " My first Mural on canvas.... from concept to final installation... Part 1

An extremely long time since I have posted anything on this blog..... the main reason is I have a blog on my website but due to being so busy over the last few months I have just not had a chance to update my website and consequently I am now having problems actually updating the blog and the other pages.
I am not very technical at the best of times so I need to do my homework to bring my website into 2016..... irritated to say the least.
However I thought I would share here the last project I completed at the end of last year.

My "Pollys Garden Party" mural has been painted on to canvas in two parts and applied to the wall using a clay based adhesive.  Each piece is 1metre wide and 2.7 metres long. Here are a few photos of the work in progress.

First, a rough sketch to establish layout
After mapping out the layout on the canvas and pencilling in the main motifs, I then mixed the main colours.
Mixing the colours
Then I worked the layout out by pinning on to the wall and applying the large areas of colour
Pinned to wall to paint the larger colour areas
Back in the studio to work on all the areas in greater detail
top and centre of mural




Thursday, 29 January 2015

"Chateau Wisteria" Mural, 2015 Interpretation of my "Wisteria Wonderland"

The Bed Wall... a more stylised version

A silver dragonfly

Ferns and tendrils.. less colours than my Wonderland mural

The dressing table wall... added Willow and Lupins

Both walls

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Day 5 of New Wisteria mural... the other wall

Started on the other wall and decided to add a stylised willow and perhaps a few more lupins.....Next week I shall post the completed pics with the furniture back in the room.....really enjoyed working on a looser technique compared to my earlier detailed floral paintings.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...